The Big Watermelon Experiment 2:
More melons, more data (and more mess).
Have you ever wondered how many rubber bands it takes to implode a watermelon?
Dr Rob certainly has, and he’s destroyed many melons seeking the answer.
In 2020, over 300 schools took part in one giant (and somewhat messy) science experiment.
In 2021, we’re going into homes and schools around the world, all in the quest for more melons and better data (plus it is a lot of fun to do).
Is all this free?
Yes. All the mini-lessons (video and pdfs) will be made available to participating schools so they can go on the journey to watermelon armageddon together. The only expenses are materials (watermelon and rubber bands).
- Fun engaging and (yes) educational event to run during National Science Week
- Great to do with a whole class or year level
- Free lessons provided (they won’t feel like lessons)
- Suitable for Primary or Secondary students
- Great opportunities for the school to run some science social media and engage their community
- It is easy to organise and minimal effort/materials required to take part
- Kids will love it (as will the teachers)
- Free watermelon leftovers for everyone!
- Hmmm can’t think of one…
The Big Watermelon Experiment 2 is being run by Dr Rob and Experimentary, because we love science (you’re welcome).